With the announcement of a new round of loadshedding, we are again seeking solutions to our power outage blues. It seems that loadshedding is here to stay, so we need to find some permanent remedies to keep from eating takeaways in the dark after a cold shower.
The good news is that LPG gas installations can address most of your electricity outage problems and keep things running smoothly in your household for extended periods without electricity. And even more good news is that you can use these options on an ongoing basis to hedge against the rising cost of electricity.
Read on to learn more about the benefits of various LPG gas solutions around your home.
Benefits Of LPG Gas As An Alternative To Electricity
There are so many advantages to using LPG gas installations in your home, including:
- An instant source of heat for cooking or heating
- Clean and easy to use
- Can be used for lights and lanterns
- Usage can easily be regulated by adjusting settings manually on gas devices
- Gas is a high-quality alternative to other fuel sources
- Less harmful to the environment as it burns cleaner and does not emit smoke or poisonous gases
- Safe and convenient to use
- Cheaper than other fuel sources
- Easy to refill cylinders and safe to transport
- Gas appliances are easy to maintain
What Kind Of Appliances Can LPG Gas Be Used?
You will be pleased to know that there are multiple applications where you can use LPG gas as an alternative fuel source, so much so that you may hardly notice when you have a power outage.
The wide range of available appliances and devices that work with LPG gas include:
- Stovetops, cookers and ovens
- Fireplaces and braais
- Space heaters
- Water heaters
- Fridges and freezers
- Lights and lanterns
- Other specialised gas appliances like skottel braais, woks and grills